TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. The Competition is open to any owner of a Singer sewing machine
who is over the age of 18 on the day of the session and based in
the UK or the Isle of Man. If you would like to attend with a family member or friend
from a different generation, the accompanying participant must
be over the age of 14 on the day of the session. All but one of
the places on each sewing session are reserved for purchasers
of a new Singer sewing machine from an authorised UK supplier between April 3rd 2020 and July 31st 2020 (to verify whether a supplier is authorised, please see our website www.singerco.co.uk).
2. Employees of Bogod Group Ltd, Singer Sewing Company or SVP Corporation or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries cannot enter.
3. The competition is “free to enter” in that no additional payment is required to enter other than the normal and usual cost of the eligible sewing machine from your chosen supplier. However participants are expected to pay their own cost of connecting to the website and in the event of them winning, their own travel costs to and from the location of the sewing session.
4. Entry can only be made through the form on our website and will be confirmed by email. Only one entry per machine purchased is allowed. If multiple entries are found to have been made, with or without the purchaser’s knowledge, all associated entries will be disqualified. Bogod & Company Ltd are not responsible for any missed entries due to computer or other failure.
5. The Singer sessions will provisionally be held one in the morning and one in the afternoon of September 11th 2020 in Central London. We reserve the right to change the date dependent on the prevailing advice from Public Health England at the time. Winners will be randomly drawn from all entries on August 4th 2020 when the competition will close and no further entries will be accepted.
6. Winners will be notified by email within 1 day of the draw. They must claim the prize within 7 days of the draw by return email and provide proof of purchase of their Singer sewing machine.
7. Usually a copy of the original receipt will be sufficient as proof of purchase however Bogod & Company Ltd reserves the right to require further evidence if deemed necessary. Existing owners must submit a photograph of themselves with their machine. If you have not confirmed your place within 7 days or satisfactory proof of purchase has not been provided, for whatever reason, the prize will be forfeit and another entry will be drawn.
8. If you are a winner you are responsible for travel to and from the location for the sewing session including all costs. The location for the session is 5th Floor, 91 Goswell Road, London EC1V 7EX although Bogod & Company Ltd reserves the right to change this location in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
9. Bogod & Company reserves the right to change the session dates in the event of unforeseen circumstances such as ill health etc.
10. By claiming the prize winners agree to allow their names and still or video images of them made during the sewing session to be used in publicity or social media by Bogod & Company Ltd, distributor of Singer sewing machines in the UK or the Singer Corporation. We will not provide these images to any third party.
11. If for any reason Bogod & Company Ltd has to cancel a session then winners will receive an alternative cash prize of £100 in lieu of the session and Bogod & Company will have no further liability to the winner. Specifically Bogod & Company will not be liable for any costs related to the cancelled session, incurred for whatever reason, by the winner.
12. No correspondence on any of the rules above will be entered into.
13. Details of winners can be obtained from Bogod & Company by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org after the draws have taken place.