ANYONE PURCHASING A NEW SINGER SEWING MACHINE FROM AN AUTHORISED UK STOCKIST BETWEEN 1st APRIL AND 31st JULY 2021 WILL BE ABLE TO ENTER THE DRAW.
There will be a session in the morning for up to seven winners and another in the afternoon for up to seven different winners. The sessions are specially designed for all levels of sewing experience from beginners to experts. Winners will be invited to customise a garment or accessory of their choice with support from our Singer sewing experts who will be there all day to guide and advise. Patrick will be on hand to chat and offer his unique advice. At the end of the session he will comment and give guidance on each of the projects. Winners will be informed in the week following the end of the promotion and the Sewing Workshop will take place at our Central London Sewing School on a date in the autumn to be confirmed. However, given the fluidity of the current national situation, the date of the event will always be guided by prevailing medical advice at the time from Public Health England.
To extend the opportunity to participate to all Singer users, one place at each of the sessions will be reserved for an existing Singer machine owner.
To apply for one of these places,you will need to send us a picture of you with your Singer machine and a line on what you most enjoy about sewing. Furthermore, a place on each session will be open for a participant to be joined by a family member or friend from another generation to work together on a single machine, in keeping with our commitment to help people “pass on” their love of sewing.
The winners for the sessions will be drawn from all entrants on Friday 6th August 2021 at which point entry is closed.
*dates may be changed in the event of unforeseen circumstancesTERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- The Competition is open to any owner of a Singer sewing machine who is over the age of 18 on the day of the session and based in the UK. If you would like to attend with a family member or friend from a different generation, the accompanying participant must be over the age of 14 on the day of the session. All but one of the places on each sewing session are reserved for purchasers of a new Singer sewing machine from an authorised UK supplier between 1st April and 31st July 2021 (to verify whether a supplier is authorised, please see our website www.singerco.co.uk).
- Employees of Bogod Group Ltd, Singer Sewing Company or SVP Corporation or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries cannot enter.
- The competition is “free to enter” in that no additional payment is required to enter other than the normal and usual cost of the eligible sewing machine from your chosen supplier. However participants are expected to pay their own cost of connecting to the website and in the event of them winning, their own travel costs to and from the location of the sewing session.
- Entry can only be made through the form on our website and will be confirmed by email. Only one entry per machine purchased is allowed. If multiple entries are found to have been made, with or without the purchaser's knowledge, all associated entries will be disqualified. Bogod & Company Ltd are not responsible for any missed entries due to computer or other failure.
- The Singer sewing sessions are planned for Autumn 2021 on a date to be confirmed subject to prevailing advice from Public Health England. Winners will be randomly drawn from all entries on 6th August 2021 when the competition will close and no further entries accepted.
- Winners will be notified by email within 1 day of the draw. They must claim the prize within 7 days of the draw by return email and provide proof of purchase of their Singer sewing machine.
- Usually a copy of the original receipt will be sufficient as proof of purchase however Bogod & Company Ltd reserves the right to require further evidence if deemed necessary. Existing owners must submit a photograph of themselves with their machine. If you have not confirmed your place within 7 days or satisfactory proof of purchase has not been provided, for whatever reason, the prize will be forfeit and another entry will be drawn.
- If you are a winner you are responsible for travel to and from the location for the sewing session including all costs. The location for the session is 5th Floor, 91 Goswell Road, London EC1V 7EX although Bogod & Company Ltd reserves the right to change this location in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- Bogod & Company reserves the right to change the session dates in the event of unforeseen circumstances such as ill health etc.
- By claiming the prize winners agree to allow their names and still or video images of them made during the sewing session to be used in publicity or social media by Bogod & Company Ltd, distributor of Singer sewing machines in the UK or the Singer Corporation. We will not provide these images to any third party.
- If for any reason Bogod & Company Ltd has to cancel a session then winners will receive an alternative cash prize of £100 in lieu of the session and Bogod & Company will have no further liability to the winner. Specifically Bogod & Company will not be liable for any costs related to the cancelled session, incurred for whatever reason, by the winner.
- No correspondence on any of the rules above will be entered into.
- Details of winners can be obtained from Bogod & Company by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org after the draws have taken place.